Monday, June 7, 2010

Depressing

An intelligence analyst in the US has apparently been shopped by a "former hacker" because he sent Wikileaks the video from the Afghanistan Apache air strike last year. Now, clearly it's a bit ask to base a post on an article this thin, but a few things occur to me.

First of all, I'm sick of hearing about national security. If ever a phrase was mercilessly abused it is this one, and it pisses me off. It's a catch-all nonsense that is impossible to argue with sensibly and can only end badly.

This quote is ludicrous (emphasis mine) - "A lot of people have labelled me a snitch," Mr Lamo told BBC News. "I guess I deserve that on this one but not as a generality." This is so idiotic, and just underlines how people really do not understand morality anymore. He is a snitch, because he snitched. He should stand by it. You can't be a snitch once and then stop, you either are or you aren't. His quote could have come out of the mouth of any MP caught with his/her snout in the trough, with troughing shitbag substituted in for snitch.

I got interrupted halfway through this post (bloody work) so apologies if it's a little disjointed. But fuck it, not like this blog pays my wages anyway (and frankly neither should it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment